A telephonic meeting of Ministry and Haj committee officials was held today to review the status of Haj 2020. Ms Nigar Fatima Jt Secretary (MoMa) ,Mr Nizamuddin , Director (Haj),Dr Maqsood Ahmed Khan CEO (HCOI) , Fazal Siddiqui DyCEO attended the meeting.
- The crux of the discussion was status of the Haj 2020 in view of the prevailing situation due to COVID 19 epidemic in KSA and India
- It has been informed that the Saudi Haj authority will inform the status at the end of Ramadan.
- JS (MoMa) informed that due to financial difficulties many pilgrims desire to cancel their Haj journey and seek refund.but they have to submit their cancellation forms through SHC as Hard copy. They are facing difficulties due to lockdown in the country.
- It has been assured that necessary provision will be made for Online cancellation or through Email/Whatsapp massages.
- It was also discussed that in case no permission is granted to Indian pilgrims this year whether selected pilgrims of 2020 can be considered next year . further for all such pilgrims who desire to perform Haj next year , refund can be considered after keeping some amount with Haj committee such as Rs 5000-10000.
- Whether refunding full amount including Rs 1000 cancellation charges can be considered.
- In view of the above *following three issues are being placed before all the honorableHaj committee members for due deliberation and their considered opinion on the following * at the earliest as Haj committee meeting can not be called due to lockdown in the country
A.To consider refund of full amount including 1000 Rs cancellation charges irrespective of date and reason for cancellation.
*B.To consider cancellation online or through Email/whatsapp message and process refund immediately *
C. For those pilgrims who desire to perform Haj next year for either if no Haj takes place or haj takes place with partial strength or Haji don’t want to go for uncertainty this year, then may be allowed to cancel and retain Rs 5000 with HCOI for keeping their claim for Haj 2021 and take rest amount refund .
Kindly suggest your opinion to Accept A , B , C as it is or with some changes .
Kindly reply on Whstsap /sms /phone .
For confirmation & discussion a conference call meeting will be initiated by CEO to all members on Friday 17 th April at 2.30 Pm .
After a final decision is made the pilgrims will be informed through website,SMS, whatsapp etc.
This is s approved by CEO &
Chairman (Acting ) HCOI.
Thanks & regards
Dy CEO (Operation)
Haj committee of India